The Alliance Française de Pune is hiring Head of Culture and Communication
Role-Type: Full Time
Contract: Permanent, with a trial period of 6 months
Working Days: Tuesdays to Saturdays; availability on evenings will be required
Application deadline: 20 Oct. 2023
Role Commencement: Start/Mid Nov. 2023
To apply, send a CV and cover letter to Amélie Weigel, Director of the Alliance Française de Pune: [email protected].
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Alliance Française de Pune, now in its 50th year of existence, is an Indian, non-profit organization that specializes in the teaching of French as a foreign language and organizes various cultural events throughout the year to promote Indo-French cultural and academic exchanges.
Although legally and financially autonomous, we are part of the prestigious network of Alliance Françaises that includes 850 establishments in 136 countries on all five continents and are actively supported by the French Embassy in India.
ABOUT THE JOB PROFILE:
Under the supervision of the Director and in close collaboration with the internal team and the network of the Alliances Françaises in India, the Head of Communication and Culture is responsible for developing, planning, and implementing the communication strategies of Alliance Française Pune. They shall initiate, plan, deliver and evaluate cultural projects, and manage relations with stakeholders such as cultural institutions, foreign embassies as well as artists and journalists. They also facilitate collaborations between French and Indian creators in Pune, and thereby create awareness of Indo-French cooperation among audiences in the city.
- Design cultural programmes, identify partners and target audiences involved
- Ideate, plan, deliver and evaluate cultural events with the help of a part-time assistant and a trainee
- Manage budgets and plan finances for all projects assigned to the cultural department of Alliance Française de Pune
- Define and implement a communication strategy for all services and products of AF Pune [French courses, workshops, translation cell, events, library membership]
- Utilize a variety of marketing tools including traditional media, digital media and social media
- Create [or oversee the creation of] communication products to engage the public and further enhance the visibility of AF Pune on online and offline platforms. Examples include social media creatives and captions, newsletters, videos, photos, brochures and website copy.
- Create and implement timelines for the distribution of various media [website, social media, email marketing campaigns]
- Monitor and update website copy and website layouts in coordination with external IT teams
- Coordinate with other Academic, Translation, Cultural and Library departments to ensure marketing and communications needs are being met
- Develop and proactively manage relationships with media outlets, marketing agencies, influencers, and other stakeholders so as to create public awareness of the initiatives of AF Pune
- Write press releases, pitch emails, organize media interviews for journalists with artists, and the Director of AF Pune
- Measure, review and report on the progress of marketing and communications plans and projects
- Provide communications reports when required
The services outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The employee is expected to carry out any other duties [within the employee’s skills] that are necessary for the optimum functioning of the organization, whenever the need becomes apparent, or is communicated to the employee.
- 5 years of experience in project coordination or marketing management
- Prior experience in working with project management tools [Google Workspace, MS Office, Slack,Trello] as well as media editing tools [Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier Rush, VN, Audacity]
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English, Hindi/Marathi. Knowledge of French would be a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a collaborative approach
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Self-driven, proactive and resourceful with a capacity to tackle any unforeseen crisis or issues that arise during the implementation of programmes
- Experience in working with and forming partnerships; ability to work with multiple internal and external partners to achieve a project or common goal
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with diverse audiences
- Ability to lead, manage and juggle multiple tasks and meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure while exhibiting professionalism, with an audience-focused attitude
- A taste or passion for literature as well as the performing, audiovisual and visual arts
- ideate, plan, deliver and evaluate cultural events with the help of a part-time cultural project coordinator and a trainee that shall be provided on occasional basis.